|The purpose of the PMI Central Ohio Career Development is to assist Project Managers, Program Managers and Portfolio Managers with developing and maintaining their Project Management skills with a focus on CAPM, PMP and PMI-ACP Certifications and retaining Certification while at the same time growing professionally.|
There are several areas of professional development that the chapter offers:
- Monthly evening chapter meetings with speaker *
- Full-day Professional Development Workshops *
- Annual Professional Development Day (PDD)
- PMP, CAPM and PMI-ACP Certification Preparation Classes
- Project Management Office Group (PMO) topics
- Agile Project Manager Group (Agile) topics
- Professional Development via PMI courses
Be a presenter - 2018 Call for Presentation - Chapter Speakers Needed. Apply by December 31, 2017.
Send to a sample slide deck to programs-speaker @ pmicoc.org
Topics Guides for Content alignment per PMI recommendations for PDUs.
Exam Content Outlines:
- What the PMI Talent Triangle is and why it’s important;
- How it will fit into the CCR program updates;
- nd, what each of the skill areas mean and more!
- Technical Project Management: Knowledge, skills and behaviors related to specific domains of Project, Program and Portfolio Management.
- Leadership: Knowledge, skills and behaviors specific to leadership-oriented, cross-cutting skills that help an organization achieve its business goals.
- Business and Strategic: Knowledge of and expertise in the industry or organization that enhances performance and better delivers business outcomes.
Examples of course alignment - We will put a Talent Triangle Symbol to help you identify materials.
- Technical Project Management: Examples are: Advanced project management, Techniques to improve your WBS, How to gather and document requirements, Risk management for your portfolio.
- Leadership: Examples are: negotiation, communication, motivation, problem solving, and conflict resolution, etc.
- Strategic and Business Management: Examples are: product knowledge, industry knowledge, business acumen, innovation strategy alignment, market strategy alignment, differentiation strategy alignment, customer strategy alignment, finance, marketing, etc.
The total number of PDUs required to maintain an active certification status have not changed:
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP and PMI-PBA require 60 PDUs to renew.
- PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP and PMI–SP require 30 PDUs to renew.
Only how PDUs are classified will be different. Please refer to the infographics for details.
There are different renewal requirements for the Education and Giving Back categories based on the expiration date of the certification cycle. Please refer to the table below.
* Compliance with the new format is encouraged, but not mandatory to renew during the current cycle. In future cycles, the new CCR program requirements must be satisfied to maintain active certification status.
Earn multiple PMI Talent Triangle PDUs for a single Education activity
It is possible to earn multiple PMI Talent Triangle PDUs for one education activity if the content aligns with all three skill areas (Technical Project Management, Leadership, Strategic and Business Management). For example: if you complete a course that contains content on techniques for project time management and on negotiating with stakeholders, you could claim this Education activity in the skill areas of Technical Project Management (for the project time management portion of the class) and Leadership (for the negotiation portion of the class).
Claim PDUs for a single Education activity in more than one skill area of the PMI Talent Triangle
You can claim PDUs for a single Education activity under multiple skill areas (Technical Project Management, Leadership, Strategic and Business Management) of the PMI Talent Triangle. For example: if you read a book that contains content on techniques for project time management and on negotiating with stakeholders, you could claim this Education activity in the skill areas of Technical Project Management and Leadership.
I have earned the minimum PDUs in each skill area of the PMI Talent Triangle, what can I earn and claim for Education PDUs to meet the total minimum requirement?
Once you meet the minimum requirement for each skill area (8 for PMP, PgMP, PfMP, and PMI-PBA; and 4 for PMI-RMP, PMI-ACP, and PMI-SP), the remaining PDUs required to meet the minimum education threshold can be earned in any area of the PMI Talent Triangle. This is an example of what your PDU earnings may look like where Education activities are concerned.
Maintain multiple certifications?
The rules and procedures around maintaining multiple certifications remain the same. All Leadership and Strategic and Business Management PDUs can be claimed for and shared across your multiple certifications. Technical Project Management PDUs must apply to your specific certification. This table shows some examples of how technical project management courses could be applied across multiple certifications:
Your respective certification handbook provides more examples of how these PDUs apply across the certifications.
Each event will be submitted for PMICOC Members after each event in 2016.
Manual Search: Click this link to PMI.org CCRS then Login > click Report PDUs > click Course > Enter Provider:C003 Autofills/Select > Enter Activity: yyyymmdd (format eg 20151113) Autofills/Select > complete form > Submit.