The mission of the PMI Central Ohio Community Outreach is to provide opportunities for members of the chapter to serve their local community in two ways:
1) Direct Community Contributions thru donations.
2) Volunteer Corps.
Both efforts will support PMICOC's vision in the Central Ohio Area.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED: The PMICOC Community Outreach program will provide participants the opportunity to get involved in two ways:
The Community Outreach Committee will organize quarterly theme events, which will be designed to provide opportunity for chapter members to contribute to the community thru donations. Past chapter activities have included canned food drives for local food pantries and book collections for the Columbus Libraries.
If you have any ideas that you would like the committee to consider, please contact VP, Community Outreach at vp.outreach.
The PMICOC Volunteer Corps is designed to pair chapter members with local non-profits organizations. The program will not only enrich the experience of the participants by providing him/her a positive exposure to community projects, but also will provide non-profit organizations access to PM expertise
Example of the services/values to be provided by the program to non-profit organization will be:
1. Project Oversight
2. Project Management Mentoring and Training
- Development and execution of projects.
- Development of processes and procedures.
- Covering all aspects of a project from initiation to closure.
- Creation and maintenance of documents such as meeting minutes, decision papers, action items, etc