Date: September 21, 2017 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Check-in 5:30 PM, Meal 6:00 PM
A metaphor for leading effectively, “On Course, On Glide Path.” is what every pilot wants to hear as they descend through the clouds. At your critical decision point, you either have the airfield in sight, or you climb and execute a missed approach. This continues until you are successful, or… you run out of gas. You may not get a second chance.
On this interactive flight, we will discuss key leadership principles fundamental to your success.
Date: September 22, 2017 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Check-in 7:30 PM
Topic: On Time, On Target: Creating a Culture for Winning Teams
1. Realize what attracts the right people to your team
2. Learn how to retain your best an brightest members
3. Discover how to keep teams balanced, stable, and headed in the right direction
A metaphor for achieving organizational goals, you want to arrive at the objective “On Time, On Target.” With so many variables that can derail an effort, project managers must inspire team members to work together and stay focused.
On this interactive flight, we will pause at each checkpoint to address key principles that unite teams, including: living your values and beliefs, recognizing differing perspectives, setting the example, and more.
• Values are like magnets; Marketed to attract like-minded people (recruiting)
• When values are lived, you retain your best and brightest (retention)
• Values are the glue, essential for creating that elusive culture characteristic of the most successful teams.
Become a Military Mentor
Location: Com Resource, Inc 1159 Dublin Rd, Suite 200 Columbus, OH 43215; Park in the West Parking Lot.
Date: October 16, 2017 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM, Check-In/Meal 5:30 PM, Training begins at 6:00 PM
Topic: PMI’s Program for Preparing the U.S. Military for Project Management Careers
Learning Objectives: Find out how to help Military Veterans transition into the corporate environment with a career in Project Management.
PDUs: c003 /20171016 (1.5 PDUs)
PDU Category: Giving Back/Volunteer
Speaker: Rose Lykins, Director Military Outreach, PMICOC