Date: September 21, 2017 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Check-in 5:30 PM, Meal 6:00 PM
1. Realize that leadership requires much more than your technical ability
2. Identify fundamentals that will gain the trust and confidence of your team
3. Discover what will have the greatest impact on your project, and your success as a project manager
“40% of first-time managers fail within the first 18 months”
A metaphor for leading effectively, “On Course, On Glide Path.” is what every pilot wants to hear as they descend through the clouds. At your critical decision point, you either have the airfield in sight, or you climb and execute a missed approach. This continues until you are successful, or… you run out of gas. You may not get a second chance.
On this interactive flight, we will discuss key leadership principles fundamental to your success.
• Realize why building relationships is critical
• Compare and contrast position-oriented vs. service-oriented leadership
• Discover your leadership purpose
Tom Crea is a retired Army officer and Blackhawk helicopter pilot with decades of experience, including high-level leadership positions in aviation, information technology, and higher education.
Throughout his career, his purpose was developing others, to include running the Army’s leadership development program on two college campuses: Northeastern University and Boston College. Today, he delivers various leadership programs worldwide.
He is the author of “Unleash Your Values: How to Lead and Succeed in Business Today… A Helicopter Pilot’s Spin on Developing the Leader in You” and he holds Masters Degrees in Computer Science and Political Science.
|Event Date||09-21-2017 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||09-21-2017 8:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-18-2016 1:25 pm|
|Cut off date||09-22-2017|
|Individual Price||$35.00 - Members must log in for discount|
|Location||Creekside Conference & Event Center 101 Mill Street Gahanna, Ohio 43230|