Join us for a tour of one of the most advanced auto manufacturing facilities in North America
A morning 2 1/2 hour tour of the Honda Heritage Center and the Honda Marysville Auto Plant which is one of the most advanced automated auto manufacturing plants in North America. This is where Honda Accords and Honda Acuras are produced and supplied to customers in over 100 countries. The plant size is 3.6 million square feet (equivalent to 39 Walmart Stores) with a capital investment of $4 billion employing 4,200 employees and utilizing the latest in robotics (i.e. recently upgraded for the 2018 models). We will start out at the Honda Heritage Center located at 24025 Honda Parkway, Marysville, Ohio 43040. There we will view a display of the companies successes in North America over the last half century with an array of historical, current and future products which helped them rank as the world's most innovative mobility companies. From there we will drive our own cars and be escorted across the street to the Honda Manufacturing Facility where we will take our guided tour. Advanced registration is required and government identification is also required such as a drivers license or passport. This event is free and open to all PMI Central Ohio Chapter Members (Guests are welcomed) however reserve early since registration is limited.
- When: Thursday, June 28th
- Time: 9:30 (Please plan to arrive 15 minutes earlier)
- Where: Honda Heritage Center, 24945 Honda Parkway, Marysville, Ohio 43040
- Duration: 2.5 Hours
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Your visit will start at the Honda Heritage Center where there is ample free visitor parking.
- Please arrive approximately 15 minutes prior to your event start time for registration.
- You will need a government issued photo identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.) for check-in upon arrival.
- Approximate duration of your entire visit will be 2.5 hours. The auto plant tour portion is physically demanding as it is a fast-paced, one hour walking tour that may include some stairs.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes for the plant tour. Shoes must cover the foot and heel. Sandals, open-toe or open-back shoes are prohibited.
- Skirts/shorts must be knee length or longer for the auto plant tour.
- You are welcome to bring your personal ear buds and/or safety glasses for the auto plant tour; if not, these items will be provided by Honda.
- Please come prepared for inclement weather as there will be some walking outdoors to and from parking areas.
- Please visit this website at HondaHeritageCenter.com for directions