PMICOC Speaker Process & Application
The PMI Central Ohio Chapter is looking for presenters and instructors for Professional Development Day 2017, it's monthly chapter meetings, and professional development workshops. The intent is to provide the chapter members with opportunities to sharpen their project management skills, learn new concepts and ideas, interact with peers from various industries, and also earn PDU credits at an economical cost.
What’s in it for you:
- PDU Credits, to PMI members, for preparing and presenting
- Opportunity to meet and work with like-minded professionals
- Compensation is available for event and workshops.
Instructor Requirements and Suggestions:
- Instructors must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the materials they plan to present
- Instructors do not have to be a member of PMI or the Central Ohio Chapter to present a class
- To teach a class, you need not be a professional instructor, but you must be proficient in teaching an adult education course and leading discussions and workshop exercises. Some of our most successful instructors have been first-time presenters.
- Project Management products may not be advertised or promoted; however, products may be used to demonstrate principles, illustrate points, or show processes.
- “Products” are defined as tools, software, books, and services. Example: Microsoft Project may be used to teach Earned Value, but a sales pitch for Microsoft Project is not allowed.
- Backup instructors are welcome and greatly appreciated. Occasionally, instructors withdraw from an engagement so if you can present your material on short notice, please sign up as a backup instructor.
Course Requirements and Suggestions:
- Classes are typically four hours in length. They may be longer, or more than one topic may be presented during the 4-hour class/workshop period.
- Topics must relate to the theory and practice of Project Management and be targeted at working project managers.
- Preferably, topics can be directly related to the PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge).
- For ideas on topics or subject areas see the list of classes below.
- Handouts and take-always are recommended
- Interactive discussion between attendees is encouraged
- Hands-on exercises, working sessions, and/or role-playing are encouraged