The Director, Marketing shall be responsible for development and maintaining chapter marketing materials.
- Create a marketing plan for the chapter to keep it in alignment with the chapter's Strategic Plan.
- Provide budget input, income & expenses for the area of responsibility to the VP, Marketing & Public Relations at the beginning of each year.
- Compile and coordinate volunteer needs for Marketing.
- Attend monthly Marketing & Public Relations meeting
- Define chapter markets and align chapter marketing campaigns to target audiences
- Creation & maintenance of chapter marketing materials for events and other chapter initiatives so that we have a consistent presence across the chapter.
- Manage advertisement in the following areas:
- Work with VP, Programs & VP, Technology and other leadership team members to create Bi-Monthly chapter communications
- Develop and place advertisements and press releases in local newspapers to include information about the chapter and upcoming events
- Submit information to PMI Today & PM Network for inclusion on web site and print of events and other happenings within the PMI Chapter
- Work with other local chapters to promote our major events
- Gather / maintain list of media contacts both local and within PMI
- Report on monthly achievements to the VP, Communications.
- The Director, Marketing will coordinate with the Director, Communications, communications committee and requesting Vice Presidents and will be responsible for supporting the Vice President, Communications, Past-President & the Board.
- Support Four quarterly printed newletter releases.
- Support Social Media presence include Facebook and LinkedIn
- Support a clean and timely transition to the position’s successor.
The Director level will be appointed by the Board, will provide for Leadership support as the Chapter grows and needs additional organizational support. This level will be responsible for developing and managing the budget for each area and the support of a clean and timely transition to the position’s successor applies to all Directors. The terms of office for the Directors as outlined in this document shall be two years in length with a limit of two (2) consecutive terms in any officer position, unless an exception is granted by a majority vote of the Board.