2018 Board Member Elections
September 7, 2017
Open Chapter Board Leadership Positions
The chapter is now accepting nominations for election of two open positions on the Chapter’s Board. These are voting positions on the Board that help guide the strategy and execution of the chapter. The open positions are:
Position descriptions are provided below.
The President Elect reports to the President and provides support and assistance to the President and the Board. The responsibilities of the President Elect are to:
-- If the President is unable to perform the duties of office for any reason:
-- Short-term: Assume the role of President for Chapter Board meetings.
-- Long-term: Assume the Office of the President and all of its duties.
-- Represent the President if the President is absent.
-- Adhere to and ensure adherence to the governance documents.
-- Assist with chapter matters and related duties, under the direction of the President.
-- Attend all meeting during which the Board is convened or present.
-- Attend the annual meeting, unless prevented from doing so due to work commitments.
-- Attend chapter meetings.
-- Lead or serve on any special initiatives or committees, as requested.
-- Oversee the functional areas assigned to the President Elect.
-- Develop the annual calendar for the upcoming year.
-- Other duties as assigned.
The Treasurer shall oversee the management of funds for duly authorized purposes of the PMI- Central Ohio Chapter. The roles and responsibilities of this office include, but are not limited to, any or all of the following:
-- Develop and maintain an annual operating budget for the fiscal year
-- Prepare monthly financial reports on the activities and financial status of the Chapter
-- Prepare all tax and financial reports for the Chapter as required by the PMI Headquarters, local, state, and federal governments
-- The Treasurer shall have the VP, Finance; report to him/her and be responsible for supporting the President and the Board.
-- Support a clean and timely transition to the position’s successor.
The Board consists of 5 members. Terms of the Board positions are staggered so that there is stability in the leadership of the chapter. Other positions on the Board include: President, Immediate Past President and Secretary.
Serving on the PMICOC Board is a rewarding experience that helps develop leadership skills that easily transfer to develop life long career skills. If you have any questions, please contact Beth Rick at past.president @ pmicoc.org.
Nominations are due by 3:00 PM on September 22, 2017. To nominate yourself or a colleague, complete the brief nomination form and submit it to Nomination Committee Chair.
Download The Nomination Form Below.
In order to qualify for election to a Board position, or to be appointed to an operational officer position within the Chapter, a nominated candidate must meet the following two requirements:
a) The candidate must be a Chapter Member in good standing.
b) The candidate must be a regular individual member or retiree member in PMI®.
And, the nominated candidate must also meet one of the following three requirements:
1) The candidate must have earned a Project Management Institute credential.
2) The candidate must have served on a chapter committee during the calendar year previous to the elected or appointed term of office.
3) The candidate must be granted an exception to these requirements by a majority of the Board of Directors of the PMI-Central Ohio Chapter.
- 9/6: Nominations Info posted on chapter website (https://pmicoc.org/about-us/2018-elections)
- 9/9: Confirm timeline with Nina and Judy at Regional
- 9/12: Nominations Communication to members
- 9/14: Review timeline with board
- 9/28: Share Info at VLT
- 9/29: Nominations Close
- 10/2 – 10/6: Conduct Interviews
- 10/6: Send VoteNet info to Nina and Judy at Regional
- 10/9: Election process communicated via VoteNet
- 10/9 - 10/25: Elections are open
- 10/26 - 10/31: Election results
- 11/1: Receive election results
- 11/3: Election results communicated during annual chapter meeting portion of PDD by President (Ron Wilinski)
Please reach out to Beth Rick, our Past President, or Jessie Thompson, President-Elect for more information or specific details on Board nominations.
We will be assisting Beth with the actual nomination process and voting.