2019 Board Member Elections
Open Board Positions
The President Elect reports to the President and provides support and assistance to the President and the Board. The responsibilities of the President Elect are to:
-- If the President is unable to perform the duties of office for any reason:
-- Short-term: Assume the role of President for Chapter Board meetings.
-- Long-term: Assume the Office of the President and all of its duties.
-- Represent the President if the President is absent.
-- Adhere to and ensure adherence to the governance documents.
-- Assist with chapter matters and related duties, under the direction of the President.
-- Attend all meeting during which the Board is convened or present.
-- Attend the annual meeting, unless prevented from doing so due to work commitments.
-- Attend chapter meetings.
-- Lead or serve on any special initiatives or committees, as requested.
-- Oversee the functional areas assigned to the President Elect.
-- Develop the annual calendar for the upcoming year.
-- Other duties as assigned.
The Secretary shall keep the records of all business meetings of the PMI- Central Ohio Chapter and meetings of the Board. Also, the Secretary shall focus on administrative or process/procedural functions of the PMI – Central Ohio Chapter. The roles and responsibilities of this office include, but are not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Assist the President in preparing the Annual Chapter Report and PMI Awards application for submission to PMI Headquarters.
- Keep records of all meetings and prepare/issue minutes of such meetings within ten (10) business days of the meeting to the meeting participants.
- Maintain written record of all resolutions and decisions by the Board.
- Maintain records such that they are available for inspection for a period of not less than three (3) years.
- Support a clean and timely transition of Chapter records to the position’s successor.
- Ensure custody of the original of this Constitution and of the By-Laws, and of the amendments thereto.
- The Secretary will also be responsible for administrative or process/procedural functions of the PMI-Central Ohio Chapter and will have the VP, Operations; Office Manager, and Office staff report to Him/Her.
The Board consists of 5 members. Terms of the Board positions are staggered so that there is stability in the leadership of the chapter. Other positions on the Board include: President, Immediate Past President and Secretary.
Serving on the PMICOC Board is a rewarding experience that helps develop leadership skills that easily transfer to develop life long career skills. If you have any questions, please contact Beth Rick at past.president @ pmicoc.org.
Nominations are due by 5:00 PM on September 28, 2018. To nominate yourself or a colleague, complete the brief nomination form and submit it to Ron Wilinski at email@example.com.
In order to qualify for election to a Board position, or to be appointed to an operational officer position within the Chapter, a nominated candidate must meet the following two requirements:
a) The candidate must be a Chapter Member in good standing.
b) The candidate must be a regular individual member or retiree member in PMI®.
And, the nominated candidate must also meet one of the following two requirements:
1) The candidate must have served on a chapter committee during the calendar year previous to the elected or appointed term of office.
2) The candidate must be granted an exception to these requirements by a majority of the Board of Directors of the PMI-Central Ohio Chapter.