Topic/Register: Facilitation Skills for Project Managers
Learning Objectives : Facilitation is a core competency that is frequently taken for granted. It is assumed that a group of smart, dedicated people can meet together and produce great results. Often that is not the case because of a lack of facilitation skills.
Good facilitation involves the integration of process and people through planning and real time guidance. Ever increasing technological and organizational complexity requires project managers to be more adept at bringing divergent groups together to produce high-quality decisions and plans.
After completion of this course you’ll be able to:
- Communicate why facilitation skills are required
- Explain the role of the facilitator
- Make use of effective facilitation tools
- Plan and execute a facilitation session
- Identify group dynamics and apply techniques to maximize positive outcomes
- Manage challenging group members and situations
- Create long lasting agreements
- Avoid the common errors of facilitators
Speaker: Dr James T. Brown